The Parent and Educator Partnership
"When families are involved at home and at school,
children do better in school and the schools get better" (Anne T.
PEP's aim is to improve meaningful participation of parents in
their child's education across Illinois. Our work
- Developing, equipping, and supporting Parent Leadership;
- Providing training, information, and support to parents of
students with disabilities about the Individuals with Disabilities
- Assisting school districts with implementing and sustaining
partnership practices; and
- Supporting the Illinois State Board of Education with State
Performance Plan (SPP) Indicator #8.
In part, our in-kind work is accomplished through providing the
- Resources for parents and educators to
- Lending Library for free checkout
- Toll-free support line, 877-317-2733, and an online contact form; and
- Training, technical assistance, and coaching on IDEA,
Collaboration, and Family Engagement.
The PEP assists school districts with developing and sustaining
parent leadership and school-based programs for partnerships
through training, technical assistance, and coaching.